Mostly a lurker, I thought I'd post this thought.  Although the idea has
merit, we're ALL newbies at something!  The thing I love about Linux is
the ability to find a better tool to do something using open source...

You might know a 2.2 kernel or a 2.4 kernel, but are you a Perl guru?  a
PHP guru?  etc...

Jim