On Mon, 14 May 2001 13:38:50 -0500 (CDT)
"Jamie Ostrowski" <jamie at getsetnet.net> wrote:

>    I would also suggest General Nanosystems. I just put together a bare
> bones 700 MHz AMD Duron with a 10 Meg drive, 256 Megs of ram for $500.
Cam
> e with an on-board nic that works well with FreeBSD.

For what this is worth, Gen nano will sell you a Duron 700, with hs & fan
on a PC Chips M807 board for $149.00. Normally I'd shudder at PC Chips,
but this is a very decent design as far as PC Chips goes; no crap built in
(except sound, which is Linux-compatible AC97 I believe, and can be
disabled) 1 AGP slot, 6 PCI slots and NO worthless AMR slot. I'm going to
buy one myself in a week or two to build a second system on-the-cheap.

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-