> There is lots of Outlook bashing going on lately, but has anyone considered
> tunring to Eudora?

been there, tried it, used it at my last job until I convinced them to buy
me a copy of Agent. :)

Agent is the *best* (IMHO) mailer out there for Windows. it's very stable,
doesn't read Virus Basic attachments, is *incredibly* fast even on large
mailboxes, and has the best user interface I've seen in a mail/news client.

it was originally designed as a news client (Free Agent); but it's not a far
step from that to mail; and it is *very* good with mail.

since it comes from a news client:
- it doesn't choke on huge attachments like OutCrook does (doesn't time out,
  even if it takes 15 mins or more to DL something).
- reads large mailboxes/newsgroups amazingly quickly (it ran faster under
  Windows on my P166, than Pan has (even recently) on my 1.1GHz Linux box).

it's very configureable (you can change the button layout in the toolbar
freely); and the keybindings are very sensible. it's amazingly fast to use,
because you almost never need to click on anything; all the important
commands are bound to hotkeys. no other mailer I've seen is like that. (at
least under Windows).

you can get a 30-day evaluation at www.forteinc.com

this program is why I didn't switch to Linux 2 or 3 years earlier than I
did.
I wrote the company recently; and they didn't completely dismiss the idea of
a linux port, as they had in the past. I'm not sure how valuable it would
be, tho; since there are a number of promising Linux GUI mail clients out
there; but it would be cool to see it ported, nonetheless. I'd buy a copy
just because it's a cool program. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer