On Fri, 11 May 2001, David Eagle wrote:

> Could someone point me in the direction of some software for Linux similar
> to Cakewalk or ACID PRO 2.0?
> I only have one computer and want the ease of recording with a program like
> acid, but refuse to run Windows...

Good man.  There exist tools for what you want to do, but I haven't seen
anything as integrated as Cakewalk (if you want the dig. audio,
too.)  It's not as big a deal as it seems, since Linux is inherently
better at multitasking anyway.

You might look at http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound or search
google.  You're going to have to roll your own a little more.  There are
also one or two pro card manufacturers supporting at least OSS drivers if
not writing their own.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous