Since I've been looking at new apartments recently, I think I have a
pretty good hold on what's going on with high speed access in Dakota
county.  If anyone from the telcos or cable companies would like to give
an official status, please do.

DSL:

Qwest doesn't seem to have any intention to expand what they have already
done.  They seem to have some coverage in northern Dakota.  The area
around Yankee Doodle and Lexington is ready and up to Highway 13 and 35E.

Frontier, whom I personally hate, are just getting their act together.
I got a call that it is available in the area of County 42 and I-35.  I'm
moving out of that region so I'm not going to find out for sure.  I've
also heard that it is availale in Rosemount.  Rumor has it that are only
going to support up to the point that you can surf the web and read email
in Windows.

Cable:

I think AT&T Broadband (aka MediaOne) controls Burnsville and Eagan.
They are planning to roll out this summer.  Since I don't trust that
company either, I'm not holding my breath.

That's all the information that I've gathered during my apartment
shopping.  Hope it helps someone.

Nate