"Austad, Jay" wrote:

> > > CTRL-ALT-DEL does nothing, also.
> >
> > Doesn't shut the computer down/restart?  Does it do anything?
> > This is set in /etc/inittab.  This section shou-r now d be in there
> > somewhere.
> >
> > ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t5 -r now
>
> That's a bad idea for those of use who regularly have to use windows.  You
> have to do a ctrl-alt-del to login, and sometimes those bad habits carry
> over.  Or sometimes you type on the wrong keyboard if you have your windows
> box near your linux box.

On all my server boxen I have something like:

ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -k now "Some schmuck hit ctrl-alt-del"

Note the -k just sends the message to everyone. And take in to
consideration the advantages of having any random person who can find
the keyboard to reboot your machine vs. not. Someday you might need a
random tape monkey to shut down or reset your box...