I have a question that has been bothering me for some time.
You can map Control Alt Delete to a command.  How do you map other key
combos to other commands?
For instance.
Control Alt "Your Key here" would cancel the reboot/shutdown.
Or could be set to log out ( a little more difficult since it would have
to tell the shell to log out and couldn't be a program ) or to change
the keyboard config ( I'm still trying to automate this in the command
line ).
How do you specify the keys in inittab?
Can this be configured within the shell?

"Austad, Jay" wrote:

> > > CTRL-ALT-DEL does nothing, also.
> >
> > Doesn't shut the computer down/restart?  Does it do anything?
> > This is set in /etc/inittab.  This section should be in there
> > somewhere.
> >
> > ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t5 -r now
>
> That's a bad idea for those of use who regularly have to use windows.
> You
> have to do a ctrl-alt-del to login, and sometimes those bad habits
> carry
> over.  Or sometimes you type on the wrong keyboard if you have your
> windows
> box near your linux box.

Ya. I love how they use the common reboot command for logging in.
Luckily I only use 98 and don't even have to log in.
How's that for security. :-)

sim