* Austad, Jay <austad at marketwatch.com> [010507 18:44]:
> to them until I try to break into it and fail.  So the card must be able to
> be put into promiscuous mode.

Be advised, the BSS mode the Cisco Aironet 340/350 series *seems* to not
rebroadcast to all associations like a hub, but like a switch.  So,
promisc doesn't work.

This is somehting I find *very* important when comparing the Lucent
AS-1000 vs the Aironet 340/350.

I'm a bit partial to the 350 seires cards, they get a helluvha range
compared to the Lucent cards because they only put out about 31.6mw
whereas the cisco 350 cards put out 100mw, about another 5db.  I've been
able to pick out more lone airport stations with it than my cohorts with
lucent cards :)

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

So little time, so little to do.	-- Oscar Levant