> Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 16:30:22 -0500
> From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj at eetc.com>
> Subject: [TCLUG] Woe Is Me... DSL is finally.. Oh, wait :)

> I would like to
> check our house wiring first and I definitely don't want them ( Qwest )
> checking anything inside my house.  I know the wiring is kinda messed up
> but the phones work fine.

> It may be just a wiring issue.

Go to Radio Shack and buy a (oh where IS the damned thing?) uhm... ah...
Telephone Line Tester (43-104). It has two spiffy LED's on it labelled
"Line 1" and "2" and the key says green means Correct Wiring, red means
Reverse Polarity and off means Not Operational.

I had to replace a phone jack near my computer recently.

Their web site says it goes for $5.99 and has a picture.

Good luck,
Chris