I got the modem and tried to configure it.  No dice.
It wouldn't get a signal from the telephone line.  No ADSL signal.  I
have no idea what the problem is.
Called tech support ( not as close to being dumped in a vat of lemon
juice after the "Torture of the Thousand Paper Cuts" as I thought ) and
they think it's a bad modem.
This sucks.
So far tech support has been okay ( surprise ) but I still don't have a
modem.
Can anyone think of a reason I wouldn't get a signal?  I would like to
check our house wiring first and I definitely don't want them ( Qwest )
checking anything inside my house.  I know the wiring is kinda messed up
but the phones work fine.
Does DSL use all 4 wires?  I know that the phone only uses 2 of the 4.
It may be just a wiring issue.
I don't want to wait 4-7 days to *MAYBE* get my connection up and
running.  Seems like a waste to just send the modem back and get another
one that doesn't work.

sim