On Mon, 7 May 2001, Brian wrote:

> Every system I've seen (including the one here at work) is a
> roll-your-own solution, basically with an SQL back end and
> some pre-defined queries on the front end.  I'd like to know
> if there's a nice product out there that handles this well,
> because on the same token most of the apps I've seen suck.

Off-topic:
---
Years ago, my father did some contracting for Los Alamos National Labs on
an asset management project.  There were a couple of wrinkles, but one was
that he had to write it to keep track of "stuff," only he couldn't know
what the "stuff" he was keeping track of was.  (Since he had a
Q-clearance, that left fairly little that Lost Almost worried about that
it *could* be.)
---

I'm not an asset manager.  What do you need to track besides the easily
imagined -- ID, date of last inventory, date placed in service, location,
configuration (i.e., memory / disks / etc. if you consider those assets
worth tracking) and so forth?

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous