I haven't kept up with this thread very well, but does this statement imply
a stack of multiple analog gauges with 0-100 scales, or does it imply one
gague that would measure different things (the issue being the mechanics of
how the gauge/gauges would be attached to/driven by the "backend")?  Because,
if it's the latter, I'd like to interject that few things would be
cooler than
a bank of old-school chrome toggle switches w/colored LEDs, labeled
'RAM', 'CPU',
'hda1', 'eth0', etc., under or next to a largish single analog meter.

"Hmm...disk sounds like she's thrashing...*click* *click*...yup.  Wonder
what's up with
that? *click* *click*...wow, lots of netork traffic...*who, ps, etc.*"

Of course, I also want to get the clear-sided, neon-tube-festooned case
for my workstation,
for the sole purpose of putting a spin-n-click label over the center of
the plexiglass
that reads 'shield eyes from light', as well. :)

--
<------------------------Chris H. Bidler, Internet Helper Monkey------------------------->
The drive banged 3-4 times the head against its endrun, maybe to BE SURE