ScanMan wrote:

> Doing all those partitions just limits you in the long run. I reccommend just 1
> big partition.

Having one big partition may be OK for a home system, but for a system
that may be on the internet (or multiuser) there are many good reasons
for having multiple partitions. The main ones being security and system
integrity. With one big partition you run the risk of filling up the
partition and making your system unusable. This can easily be done by
filling up /tmp, /var, etc. Making these separate partitions reduce the
risk of bringing your system down if one of these fill up.