> If you need that kind of protection,
>
> alias rm='rm -i'

	problem in the original story was that the programmer had done 'rm
-rf'. with the -f involved, all bets are off. :)

> Yes, *nix is stupid.  But it knows that and stays out of your way, which is
> better than assuming that the user is stupid too.
	When I was living in Sweden, the student computer club's SunOS
machine had a MOTD that read something like:

"Unix does not stop you from doing stupid things, because stopping you from
doing stupid things would stop you from doing clever things."

"Microsoft Windows is pretty good at stopping you from doing stupid things."

both were attributed to people who's names I've since forgotten. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises