"Andy Zbikowski (Zibby)" wrote:

> You mean it dissappears? Bring up the properties of your tasklist. Uncheck
> enable task grouping. Everything reappear? :) Those GNOME people don't
> have and Mac converts working for them, no sir...
>
> If you enable task grouping create a menu panel (if you don't allready
> have one) and click on the icon in the upper left to see all your tasks,
> or click the downward arrow in your pager.
>
> If you don't have the tasklist of pager on your panel, well, add them. :)

No, all of a sudden when I minimized an application, it would no longer go to
the taskbar, nor would it show up on my little virtual desktop.  I finally got
pissed enough to shutdown X and blow away all my GNOME settings and start
over.  That is twice in two days I have had to do that.  Yesterday, I started
GNOME up and neither the top or bottom taskbar would appear.  I tried
everything but I could not get them back for love or money.  Is KDE more
stable?  GNOME is really starting to give me a bad case of Windows.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect
perry.hoekstra at talentemail.com