"Austad, Jay" wrote:

> dvorak-l and dvorak-r are for one handed typing.  If you do a search, I'm
> sure you can find the layout somewhere.  You probably don't want to use
> those though.  Just regular dvorak.  You can also just make a button on your
> kde or gnome bar which excutes the setxkbmap for you and changes the layout.
> Then you can switch easily.
>
> Jay

Next question.  How do I change to the dvorak.xmodmap that was previously
posted without having xwindows?
Can I specify which tty uses what keymap?
What command is used to change the keymap?  I was going to try kbdconfig but
that only uses presets.  I don't know how it works or how to change the keymap
file it uses.  The man page wasn't very helpful.
I would really like to use this on a single tty/console and use qwerty on the
others so I can still do work while learning.
: )

sim