You could be evil and track down the abuse address at the site they were
advertising. From the looks of it you click on the address, it adds a
count to their ID, then forwards them to the main page.

If you report them, and if the company cares, they may just cancel his
account and not pay him his $0.02/click. I can see this happening, hell,
they don't have to make good on their promice to pay them for the visitors
he did bring to the site, so it's a good thing for them.

Perhaps we could be evil and add an extra step to subscribing to the list.
Fore everyone to take 5 minutes and fill out a survey, thus creating some
sort of profile tied to your e-mail address. Have some fun with graphing
out the interests of the TCLUG.

Questions like:
Level experience with linux:
What's Linux?, Newbie, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, God, 31334 hAx0r,
etc... (Of coure, the 31334 hAx0r option throws them into the idiot
catagory when the graphs are generated)
Favorite distro:
I use linux at:
home, work, school, bathroom, server, workstation, etc.

Of course, this would rely on hacking mailman a bit so it didn't accept
subscriptions via e-mail, and forcing some people through such a form
would turn them off from the TCLUG list, but it might be a bit more
effective at stopping spammers from subscribing...unless they're really
determined.

Better yet, have all the default selections be really lame, and if you
don't change one of the defaults, all e-mail from you is doomed to
/dev/null.

Hey, it's an idea. I didn't say it was a good one.

| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |
| http://www.itouthouse.com | PCS:  612.306.6055 |
|   His power apparently lies in his ability to  |
|           choose incompetent enemies.          |
|    - Crow T. Robot, MST3K, "Prince of Space"   |