Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> But, as I said, if the disk plays well on some, not on the other, then it
> may well be the player.  Very reasonable to think that a servo in one
> machine is flakier than others.  This is all done with PLL's and funny
> optics that decide how to keep the laser in the right spot over the
> disc.  It's definitely easier to break than software!

I've been leaning towards the drive problem theory myself. I can't rip
the last track on too many of my CD's (Classical, Rock, etc. even audio CDs
I've had people burn for me) for it to be something with the type of
music/production company. I'll be able to test this soon since I'll be
getting a CD-burner tomorrow (I was supposed to have it today but UPS
messed up).

I'm curious to see if I can rip some of those tracks with the new drive.

Hans
--
Hans D Umhoefer (hans.d.umhoefer at uwrf.edu)