Quoting Bob Tanner (tanner at real-time.com):
> Quoting I R Baboon (ben at nerp.net):
> > if i remember right, sourceforge uses mailman, and they send a couple
> > hundred thousand emails before lunchtime.  I've never heard of mailman
> > being "slow"
>
> If a subsriber's address does not have an MX record, the mailman hangs on
> trying to deliver that mail message for hours.

I guess the bottom line is, what options in sendmail can be tweaked so that if a
delivery exception (timeout on connect, user unknown, etc.) happens it will just
move on and not sit on the exception for minutes.

I'd like to stick to sendmail, but if necessary, I'll move to postfix.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500