http://www.naturalpoint.com

You may have seen this on Slashdot the other day.  Very cool, it tracks
where you look on the monitor by way of a shiny dot you stick to your
forehead (yes, you probably look stupid wearing it :), and it's only $99.
Currently, there are no Linux drivers, but I sent them an email asking about
it, and here's what I got:

> Thanks a ton for your interest in the trackIR.  We are trying to put
> together a team of programers who want to develop a Linux
> driver right
> now.  Because the unit just went on sale we haven't got
> anything organized
> as of yet.  A friend of the company is taking on the Linux
> driver but help
> is always appreciated.  Let me know if you would be
> interested.  Otherwise,
> check back in a couple months and we should have something posted.
>
> We do have examples of the Cypress USB driver for Linux and
> have released
> the HEX file that gets programmed into the chip.  From there
> we offer C++
> example code for making objects and tracking them.  There
> isn't a pretty
> app to make the cursor move, but that isn't too hard to do.  We are
> committed to supporting this development effort in any way,
> so if you need
> more code or to talk to one of our guys it wouldn't be a problem.

Since I'm no USB wiz, and since I don't have time to do this, I probably
won't be able to help them.  But just in case someone here has some itchy
fingers to develop some drivers, I thought I would post it in case you
wanted to help out.  You can reach them at sales at naturalpoint.com.

Jay