* Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> [010330 13:31]:
> Quoting I R Baboon (ben at nerp.net):
> > if i remember right, sourceforge uses mailman, and they send a couple
> > hundred thousand emails before lunchtime.  I've never heard of mailman
> > being "slow"
>
> If a subsriber's address does not have an MX record, the mailman hangs on trying
> to deliver that mail message for hours.

Has anyone even looked at the code that it hangs on, this should be a
Simple Matter of Programming.

mostly of the sort..

check something like 'host -t MX address.host.name'

then, if that doesn't exist, try connecting directly to
address.host.name

if you cant connect to address.host.name within 1min, stop and add one
to the bounce count for that user.

otherwise, try the MX record, do the same.

Does mailman not do that?  I dont have the time atm to check the code,
and i hate python :)

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at efnet

So little time, so little to do.	-- Oscar Levant