On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:53:07 -0600
"Dan Jacobsen" <djake at mn.rr.com> wrote:

> >No DSL in this neighborhood either, but RR suffices.
>
> RR is $50/mo. while Qwest DSL is $20+[ISP fee]/mo. My company will pick-up
> the ISP fee (through goldengate.net), so I'd rather not go cable (plus
> AOL-TimeWarner is evil :).
>

> BTW, I called up RR and they said they're
> service is not Linux-compatible.
>

> I'm running Mandrake 7.2 with the Netscape browser on RR...no problem.
>
> It's slower, but internet access was automatically configured via my NIC at
> install.

AOL/TW is big enough to naturally assume they're, .. definately.  Technically though, it's now AT&T broadband -- since then I noticed the terms-of-service changed and now disclaims any support for non MS/Mac setups .. but doesn't disallow it either, a good thing.

Auto configured?  Cool. I've been on since the 1-way days, wasn't quite that easy :)

My tip for new RR installs: If you kick the support tech out after they hand over the modem, be sure they've got your MAC address of the NIC you plan to connect to it. (oops .. :)

-Jay J