I was wondering if anyone has
done this already or if it would be impossible. Say you got a network of
10 hosts on a subnet going to a router. As it stands now we transmit to
all the hosts on the subnet simultaneously and this increases traffic on
an ethernet network. We know this slows things down a bit in some cases
because each host is competing for "time" on the network. Is it possible
to modulate each of the hosts's transmissions on the subnet so that each
host is transmitting at a different frequency on the same line? If you
could do that, all the hosts could talk at the same time to the router
without signals bumping into one another if they are all talking at a
different frequency. Wouldn't this significantly increase the amount of
speed that a host could operate on if we didn't have to worry about
contention?

      - Jamie

--

   "It's pretty hard to stop a man who eats his toast every morning."