Well, Onvoy is dropping my service with Covad (384k SDSL w/ 16-ip subnet
for $70/mo).. and, I signed up with InternetConnect and Northpoint, and
now Northpoint announces that they are not accepting new customers, and
new orders are now on hold (www.northpoint.net if you're curious.) So,
I'm screwed. The best I can do is get 128 up / 684 down ADSL through
Covad, but I want more than 128k upstream bandwidth. (No, I can't get
Qworst DSL)

So, now, I'm kind of stuck. I'm running my personal web sites, e-mail, etc
off my home connection, and I want to keep it that way. I can get 684/128
for $70/mo or so, but that's more than I want to pay for that bandwidth.

This lead me into looking at cable modems. I'm in the Bloomington area. As
far as I can tell, I can get service from Road Runner, and that's it. They
don't offer Static IP's, so I'd rather not do that.

Did I miss anything here? Are there any other alternatives for broadband
access that I missed?

Worse comes to worse, I'll bond a couple ISDN lines together, or get frame
relay installed. But both of those get a little spendy..

Anyone? Help?