Heya folks,

I'm wonding if anyone can point me to a good howto document on xinetd?

The documentation on the xinetd.org website is a bit lacking (it mentions
an included utility for converting an inetd.conf file to the format used
by xinetd, but doesn't give the name of this utility, where to find it, or
how to use it.  The man pages for xinetd and xinetd.conf don't mention it
at all.

Ultimately, I've got the following in inetd format:

imap    stream  tcp     nowait  cyrus   /usr/cyrus/bin/imapd    imapd
pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  cyrus   /usr/cyrus/bin/pop3d    pop3d

and I need them in xinetd format.

So far I've got something this:

# default: on
service imap
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = cyrus
        server                  = /usr/cyrus/bin/imapd
        disable                 = no
}

and:

# default: on
service pop3
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = cyrus
        server                  = /usr/cyrus/bin/pop3d
        disable                 = no
}

It's the end of the inetd lines that have got me confused:

imap    stream  tcp     nowait  cyrus   /usr/cyrus/bin/imapd    imapd
								^^^^^
pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  cyrus   /usr/cyrus/bin/pop3d    pop3d
								^^^^^

What's the attribute name that I would use for this last part?  Anyway, a
pointer to a more complete faq or howto on the supject would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff