On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:08:33AM -0600, Andy Zbikowski wrote:
> You didn't mention a LDA (Local Delivery Agent, could also be refered to as
> a MDA. Most likely this is procmail on your linux system.) See the Mail
> Administrator HOWTO to figure out how e-mail works.
> ( http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Mail-Administrator-HOWTO-3.html,
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Mail-Administrator-HOWTO.html )

I didn't huh?  Hmm...  Let's look back through the crystal ball and
see what the ball can see...

    Firstly, you need to retrieve your email from other sources
    (POP or IMAP) and deliver it to your local machine.
    fetchmail(1) is the best tool for this -- bar none.  Used in
    combination with procmail(1) as your local delivery agent
    (LDA), it makes a powerful combination for filtering
    incoming mail, blocking spam, and other useful things.

            bash# apt-get install fetchmail procmail

Looks like I mentioned one. ;-p

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD