I just ordered up an Epson 1240U from mwave.com.  Someone I work with has
the 1640SU, and with usb it only takes him about 5 seconds to scan in an
8.5x11 document.

The new Canon slim scanner that we got here at work took more than 2 minutes
to scan an 8.5x11 document at 75dpi.  Sad.

Now I just need to write something I can use to index and archive all of my
bills and documents before I put them into the paper shredder since they
just get lost anyway.  If I shred them, at least I know where they went.  :)

Jay