Quoting andy at theasis.com (andy at theasis.com):
> > What we have done is setup ssh in a very restricted fashion to ssh to the
> > DMZ, and tar the contents of the web server across the ssh tunnel to a local box
> > that is then backed up on the private network.
>
> This is what rsync is for.
>
> > This works well for a medium amount of data and is very secure.
>
> rsync works pretty well for a large amount of data, since it only moves
> changes. If you want snapshots of each backup, that can be handled on the
> backup server.

rsync using ssh as the transport correct?

In our particular application we are copying everything everytime so I did not
think rsync would make a difference, so I just went with ssh.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500