Well, although you can send mails with sendmail, I think you're confusing
an MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) with an MUA (Mail User Agent).  Sendmail is an
MTA and is primarily used for actually sending emails.  Netscape Mail,
mutt, pine are examples of MUAs and are used to compose a message and
modify mail headers and such.  An MUA passes a composed message to an MTA
to be sent out.

I could be confused as to what you're asking, but your question is itself
confusing :)

Gabe