O.k. so I am trying to tunnel mmysql using stunnel. So far I'm convinced it's
not possible. How can you bind port 3306 on your tunnel when mysql is using
that port? It makes no sense to me.

On the server side if you run stunnel -p $PEMFILE -d $REMOTEIP -r
127.0.0.1:3306

I get "Can't bind requested address"

Tunneling stuff through ssh sucks, and it seems stunnel sucks too.

--
Ben Lutgens		cell: 612.670.4789
Sistina Software Inc.	work: 612.379.3951

"It's hard to believe that's the same frail woman who once sprained her wrist
from having too much dip on a cracker!" -- Frazier Crane