On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 11:15:42AM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
>Hey everyone,
>
>Let's say I want to create some ReiserFS paritions on a H.D. that's not
>completely allocated yet. For the sake of argument, let's say that I've got
>a 10 GB disk with 5 GB formatted as ext2 and all of it in one /
>partition. The rest is unparitioned. (This isn't exactly my situation, but
>it's analogous.)

Use fdisk to make the partitions making sure you don't modify the geometry of
any of the existing partitions. and then run mkreiserfs.

>What would be the procedure to create a new 2 GB partition, format it as
>ReiserFS and mount it at /home? Further, are there any special
>considerations if the same procedure is attempted with /var or any other
>paritions?

You need to cp -ax the data from the directory to the new partitions

mount /dev/newpart /mnt
cp -ax /var/* /mnt
edit your fstab, and remount. if all goes well drop to single usermode with
init 1
unmount and rm -rf or mv the old data off to reclaim the space.