Liz Burke-Scovill wrote:

> Ok - I'll admit I haven't gone out and done any research, but thought I'd
> ask as I get charged with researching various things to start moving the
> company towards a linux based environment......
>
> One of the things we're interested in looking at is RAM disk technology -
> has anyone used it either in a WinTel environment or in a linux
> environment?
>
> Thanks,
> Liz

Umm, by ramdisk do you mean having the linux kernel allocate a segment
of system memory to be used as a disklike device, or are you talking
about a physical device that you can attach via network (or SCSI
or fibre-channel).

I can help in the former case, or tell you that I think such things
exist for the latter...

Kent