depends on what the users are doing, you should be able to saturate an
ethernet line or twowith a nice dual box.  big thing you want on a
fileserver like that isn't 4gig of ram (well.. you want enough buffers to
keep it happy) but to have lots more disks, and multiple controlers.  just
for the fact that you're allways going to be disk spindal limited on that
box.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)