> set up the Samba box as a backup domain controller (I can get the NT admin
> there to make it a backup DC for me), is it possible to run a RADIUS server
> on it that will authenticate against the domain?
>
> How would I go about this?

cistron-radius will authenticate against PAM; so if you can get PAM to work
against Samba (no clue about this myself), it should work.

only problem with authenticating against PAM is that the RADIUS daemon has
to run as root, because only root can access PAM (tho I think there's a way
to use a SUID program called 'userhelper' to allow user-level programs to
use PAM).

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer