Ok, i banished Mandrake from my server forever and
replaced it with Slackware, worked like a charm...

samba is up and running no problems whatsoever... i
was able to recompile the kernel and some other stuff
(links, lftp, vim, openssl+openssh) overall i would
say a very good experience....

i am having some problems with LILO and OpenSSH i will
spam you guys more know once i have more info..

 -munir

PS. on the IBM/NAZI thing... all i can say is that
that was 50 years ago, 50 years is a long time... how
many of you were alive then? i am betting not too
many... let it die... it is a dark part of human
history yes, but not the darkest... i am not saying to
forget about it, we cannot forget, but we can learn to
not do the same again, pointing fingers of blame will
not teach us that

=====