Nevermind.  I always forget how to tell dselect explicitly what packages
to use.  I've got it now.

Once nice thing about the deb system is that you can feel better about
doing things that break dependencies, because you can always strip things
to a point where the machine will put stuff back on to fill holes.

(I said you can feel better, not "you can feel good.") ;)

Cheers,
Phil

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous