Andy Zbikowski <andyzb at ltiflex.com> writes:

> PS is kinda nifty for sending documents around (At least in the UNIX world).
> Using zip, gzip, or bzip2 on it before sending it probally a good idea
> though.

PS is really grotty for sending documents around.  I have to run huge,
fragile, utilities just to view or print it, either on windows or on
Linux.  And PS is essentially a write-only format (particularly as
most printer drivers produce it), so I can't *do* anything with a
document I get in ps except view or print it.

I'd much rather get even Microsoft proprietary formats than PS (an
Adobe proprietary format, after all); there are more utilities that
can do more things with them.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/