I'm trying to get people to stop sending their proprietary windows
format files to me, and I want to be able to give them an alternative
they can understand.

Is there an easy (remember, they're windows users) way to generate PDF
files from Excel or Word.  If there is, how do you do it, and what
version of Excel or Word does the procedure apply to.

Failing that, can RTF handle a spreadsheet or embedded pictures?

I can't believe that I am still fighting proprietary document formats
20 years after I started in this business.

Kent