On Fri, 9 Mar 2001 HOEFFNER at dcmir.med.umn.edu wrote:

> Hi
>
> It seems more like the script is trying to access a file that isn't there after
> you get it executing. Assuming you are giving it the correct path to the perl
> executable, either the executable is looking for a piece it needs to run or the
> script itself is looking for a file that doesn't exist. What's the script
> supposed to do?
>
> Or, along the lines others have come up with, is the perl executable it's
> trying to execute a hanging symlink?

Hello,

     No, I checked , and that is the actual binary itself, ie
/usr/bin/perl. I think you might be onto something though. Perhaps the
actual script is what is not able to find a particular file. That would
explain why some scripts are working fine and others are not. One question
though, if it is a problem with file access within the script, why would
it then work if I run it from the command line prepended with 'perl' and
not just when I type in the path to the script from the command line when
I execute it? Why, if it is a problem with the script, would it work one
way and not the other?

   - Jamie