Yeah I have tried all these things but unfortunately none of them
work. I am a bit suspicious of one thing though. I am running Red Hat 6.2
and I installed Mandrake RPM's for the latest version of perl. I am
beginning to suspect there was something wrong with that. Maybe I needed
to use RedHat RPM's instead, but I thought Mandrake would be compatible.

   - Jme