> The biggest problem that I see is that it is binary distributed only.  Not
> so bad except for the constantly changing nature of glibc on linux systems.
> You will be forced to run an old version to use it or perhaps load compat
> libraries which have a history of not working well.

I asked this of those at Borland and here is the response I got:

There should not be catastrophic upheavals in the Linux platform that
would require continual revisions to the Kylix product. Distributions
that rearrange their files or build incompatible libraries will have
just as mush trouble with other Linux applications as with Kylix. With
any lick, Kylix or Kylix-built applications will become part of the
distribution validation test suites."

> And lastly, the biggest problem I see is that it has ONLY been released in
> RPM format - or so I have been led to believe by the "requirements" page.

You don't like RPM?