--- Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:
> I use to love VA. In the old days they rocked. Great
> support, great hardware
> and people who got Linux.
>
> Today, I got email from a dork at VA. It came from
> MS LookOut, as HTML WITH a MS
> word attachment!
>
> It's a sad day when the supposedly Linux powerhouse
> has people sending mail with
> Microsoft crap.
>
> :-(

It pays to read Reuters Business News... didn't you
know that VA Linux was in talks with Microsoft for
some kind of deal to port Linux and Windows... to
develop an 'open source' product... through the
joining of the two..!!! DIG THAT! Talk about selling
out for bucks...
It is time for folks to get back in the trenches and
screw the happy 'push the button, oh! Look how simple
we have made Linux for you!' bullshit... Linux is for
geeks PLAIN AND SIMPLE. And if it is to stay free and
open then it is up to everyone who uses it to teach
others how to without the mumbojumbo and holier than
thou attitude so prevalent on so many sites! (Which I
am proud to report I do not see in prevalence on this
LUG! Give yourselves an 'atta boy/girl' folks!!!) We
have to share more info and resource material... with
those 'out there' ya know, the person down the road
who bought Linux, 'cause it's cool... but can't tell
you one thing about his file system!  And you have to
know the 'enemy'... ignorance... that is the only real
enemy, and if folks are going to gain control of
computing and systems... Linux is the way.
Now I am not cussing you... I am just on a soapbox!!!
And I am mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it
anymore... To hell with windows to hell with
Microsoft!!! Lock yourself in the lab and don't come
out until you know the kernel source code by heart
(that is what I am doing!!! before I build my next
box!!!) and can manipulate it to your liking!!! How's
that for radical??? (LOL) Oh, yeah~ we hot now baby! O
yeah! Put on the penguin suit... pack a lunch stay the
day!!! When tyranny is law... revolution is order...
Yippie!!!
Damn, bet I forgot to take my lithium... I am off the
box... bye.
Manuel