"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

> RPM --- gotta love it :)

In this case it's not so much as the RPM format, it's the packagers. The KDE
folks were never very good a following guidelines for packages. I tried the
official KDE debs from kde.org. They liked to break. Then I found the debs
on kde.tydc.com. Mmmm...much better.

If you can't find RPMs blessed by Red Hat, you're most likely going to be
stuck doing it the hard way. (Removing the old before installing the new.)

Shamless Debian plug: apt-get install task-kde

--
| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |