This is a partial repost of what I sent Friday night, along with other
information.  Sorry if this is a repeat, but I really cannot figure out
how to get this thing to connect up.  It dials, starts the handshake
then times out.  I'm assuming it's on the SPID, or because I've assigned
the box a static IP.

I configured it using Slack's pppsetup. When I initiate the ppp-go
script I get the following:

Serial connection established.
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttuS0
LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Modem hangup
Connection terminated.

Inside of the /etc/options are the following lines:

lock
defaultroute
modem
/dev/ttS0
230400
crtscts
#noauth
passive
asyncmap 0
name "uid"

I was told that my ISP (Qwest) is using PAP authentication.  Inside the
pap-secrets file are:  "uid" * "pwd"

Here's the pppscript:

TIMEOUT 60
ABORT ERROR
ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
"" AT&FH0"
OK "atdt<phone#>"
TIMEOUT 75
CONNECT

Is there someplace that I'm supposed to assign the SPID?  I can find no
mention of it, except in some obscure project on sourceforge with almost
no detail.  Again, I'm using Slackware's ppp-go/ppp-off dial program.
I'm considering using wvdial or diald possibly.  Minicom is another
option as well, as it's already on the system.

Also, I assigned the box this is on, a static IP address of 10.0.0.1 in
netconfig.  I did get static IP addresses from my ISP as well now.  I'm
using an external terminal adapter (3Com ISDN TA).

I've looked at isdn4linux.org and .de and a few other places.  There's a
lot
of documentation out there, but none of it dealing with what I've been
trying to do specifically.  It's more for internal cards, with no
examples of scripts that I've seen for external terminal adapters of
ISDN.

Please, if anyone can help me out I'd be grateful.

Shawn