weekend.

I think it was instigated by DSL.net corporation and not by VISI.com.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Tanner" <tanner at real-time.com>
To: <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Good Covad ISP's

As an ISP, I agree.

When we see the competition offering 640k/256k routed networks for $25/month
just shake my head and ask how can they make any money?

The cost of the ATM link, the hardware, the backbone connectivity AND
people's
salaries add up quickly and getting only $25/month/client means you have to
have
lots of clients who don't call to often for support!

Flipe side.

The customer is able to ISP hop for the best deals. Definately a customer
market.