Thanks for the effort guys.  When I took a look over my lilo.conf to post
it I found the error.  When I upgraded to RH 7 it reran lilo and renamed
my windows handel from win to dos, but it didn't change the default boot
to dos, thus there was no correct image for win when it attempted to load.
Before that it it also had attempted to assign the "dos" handel to hda, a
windows storage drive, since it was the first drive it encountered instead
of the real win drive sda1.  I had to remove hda from the system, boot
from emergency floppy, and rerun lilo with a modified lilo.conf to reflect
the name change. Then I had to slap my system back toghether and it
worked!

Thanks!
Colin Kilbane