"Brian J. Ackermann" <brianj at medilinks.net> writes:

> Hey all...
>
> Well, I'm now looking for some hardware to put up an LRP firewall, a high
> end 486, or low end pentium, 16-32MB RAM, any video card, and a floppy
> drive, and probalby not too much else...You guys know the drill.
>
> Does anybody know where to get equipment like this?  I went to MPC
> yesterday, but their systems are a bit more than I need...hate to waste the
> components I'd be paying for and not using...Ebay seems to have plenty to
> offer, but I'm not really all that up on paying more for shipping than I am
> for the hardware itself....
>
> So, any place local?

People are talking about bringing stuff to the installfest to dispose
of.  I'm planning to bring a 486/100, for example.  Maybe a 486/33,
too, but would *anybody* actually want one of those?  (Actually,
should be fine for a firewall; the horsepower needed is limited by the
external connection bandwidth after all).
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/