On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Brian J. Ackermann wrote:

> Well, I'm now looking for some hardware to put up an LRP firewall, a high
> end 486, or low end pentium, 16-32MB RAM, any video card, and a floppy
> drive, and probalby not too much else...You guys know the drill.

I've got a Coyote Linux firewall running on a 33 MHz 486 w/ 32 MB RAM. It
runs like a champ. I took out the hard drive and run everything from the
floppy. The new Coyote version even has ssh. I've got a whole stack of these
machines. All you need is a couple ISA NICs to put in and you're good to
go. Let me know if anyone would like me to bring one to the installfest. I
can probably provide as many as people want.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/