Haha, you're probably right.  In any case, the WinModem is supported with
the winmodem drivers (under Linux), but not under FreeBSD.

Also, I was wrong on a couple of things about the laptop.  It has an 8x
DVD-ROM,
not a 6x.  Also, it comes with an extra AC adapter.

The laptop isn't that heavy (just under 8 lbs).  You have to remember that it
has
built-in ethernet, a built-in floppy, a built-in DVD drive, and a ton of built
in ports.
It is a bit big, as you can't make it any wider than a 15" screen would allow.
I would
be more than happy to toss in my (slightly beat-up) targus bag with the laptop.

I'll bring it to Installfest for everybody to see.  :)

- Nick

blutgens at sistina.com, on 03/02/2001 06:56:45 AM