On 01 Mar 2001 10:32:54 -0500, Cory Spitz wrote:

> Nice to meet you all.  I'm new to the list and new to the area.  Anyway,
> on with the show.
>
> Uptime is overrated.  I'm pretty sure that in 468 days your kernel has
> some pretty serious security flaws.  I know that you said your systems
> were firewalled... just be careful.

You must be new. Uptime means money. Uptime means someone don't have to
babysit the box, and that your clients don't have to wait for the
servers to come back online. If you think that the kernels state
degrades over time you're on crack. Perhaps you should read the story
from Bob on the old mailing list server for tclug. There isn't that many
security holes found in the kernel if  you build it right. Most of them
come in the userspace crap that most people think they need to run on
production boxen.